Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eat More Kale Throwback

Some of you might remember my lent from July of 2010 where I vowed to "Eat More Kale", and turn myself from a kale hater into a kale lover (p.s. it worked, I'm totally hooked now). Since then, and especially since I put an "Eat More Kale" bumper sticker on my car, people always ask me what my favorite kale recipes are so I thought I'd share a few (this one's especially for you Helen!)

1. Kale Chips: If you haven't tried kale chips then you're really missing out. They're super easy to make and surprisingly tasty. Here's a good recipe from my friend Jess Powers: Kale Chips

2. Lemony Chickpea and Kale Stir fry: This recipe is delicious, easy to make, and great hot or cold: Lemony Chickpea and Kale Stir fry from 101 Cookbooks

3. Spaghetti With Braised Kale: This recipe is one my favs. Simple and delicious: Spaghetti with Braised Kale from Bon Appétit

4. Kale and Lentil Soup with Saffron Yogurt: Again from Heidi Swanson. I just made this one tonight and it was awesome. The $10 bottle of saffron is definitely worth splurging on too: Kale and Lentil Soup with Saffron Yogurt

5. Everything! What I learned in my month of eating kale was that it's pretty easy to sneak kale into just about anything: scrambled eggs, muffins (seriously, just cut it up into tiny pieces and you'll never know it's there), smoothies, you name it. It's always great as a side dish too, check out this simple kale recipe from Two Blue Lemons.

What did I miss, what's your favorite kale recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Craving Kale Chips now. Going to ask Mitch to make some :)

    ReplyDelete