Monday, June 27, 2011

#6: Plant an Herb Garden

Until I have the space to have a real garden/mini farm of my own, I'm going to have to settle for container gardens on my front porch. I've tried veggies before, but I decided to stick to herbs this year since I'm usually not around enough to keep things watered consistently (herbs like to dry out a bit between watering, win for me!).

Although I planted my gardens in the beginning of June, I had the wonderful opportunity of replanting one of them this weekend because Fanne, my 20 lb. fat ball of love, has really enjoyed using one particular garden as a makeshift litter box—on multiple occasions too. Oh the joys of owning a pet...

I did a little garden maintenance this weekend though, so we're back on track. Since Fanne has officially lost her unsupervised porch-time privileges, this should be it for the season as far as planting (and replanting) goes.

Here are a few photos of my 2011 harvest:


Chives, cilantro, cat nip, and chocolate mint


Basil, parsley, oregano, and rosemary



"What, did I do something wrong?" and "Who's fatter than me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment