Wednesday, August 10, 2011

#22: Try Something New From the Farmers Market

I made a trip over to the Davis Square farmers market on my lunch break today to cross #22 off my bucket list: Try something new from the farmers market. Like a lot of people do, I tend to get stuck in my ways when it comes to buying produce, and because of this, a lot of the more uncommon veggie varieties never make their way to my table. It's not that I'm a stickler for the tried and true, it's more that I just don't know what to do with some of the "exotic" varieties of my old favorites. I put my excuses aside today though, and let lent pull me out of my produce slump. Here's what I came home with:

1. Cranberry beans, what?! Who knows what to do with these?
2. A new (to me) variety of zucchini (the exact name seems to have escaped me, Farmer Jess?)
3. A golden beet, mmmm...


I didn't have a chance to cook up any of them tonight, but I'll be sure to update in the next few days when I have a verdict.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment