Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Lent in Review

In looking back on 2010’s lent lineup, I have to admit, it looks a little skimpy compared to ‘09. I started the year off pretty slow, only completing 2 challenges from January-June, but managed to turn things around in the summer and get through 5 months of lent from July-December. I would have loved to do something each month like I had intended, but sometimes life gets in the way, and your priorities shift. Truth be told, last winter was a very difficult time for me personally so it comes as no surprise that I didn’t have it in me to tackle anything that demanded extra energy. Once the clouds started to part in the Spring though, I was psyched to get back on board and full of ideas to take me through to the end of the year.

From forcing myself out of a slump with Fun February, to making a living on a budget less dreary in Miser March, to eating my fair share of fruits and veggies in July and August (especially kale!), and figuring out how to get Back to Balance in October and November, it really was an incredible year filled with wonderful adventures and much personal growth. Blogging about my experiences has not only served as a way to hold myself accountable for actually completing these challenges, but also as a way to stay connected with friends and family and to continue to motivate and inspire myself to be a better person.

As for 2011, the Back to Balance lent from October and November laid the perfect foundation for the new year, and because of those dedicated two months, I feel like I truly am living a more whole and balanced life. Reflecting back on my physical, emotional, and spiritual states from this time last year, it’s amazing to see how much better, stronger and more at peace I feel, and I really do have the 12 Months of Lent to thank.

Happy New Year, looking forward to all that 2011 has to bring.

Danne

No comments:

Post a Comment