Friday, September 2, 2011

Sayonara Summer and September’s Challenge from GOOD

Really? Already? Sigh…I’m afraid it’s true. Even though I don’t feel the impending doom of the start of a new school year anymore (thank the lord), Labor Day weekend always feels bittersweet because it marks the beginning of the end of those magical summer months. Sigh again. Although the official end of the season doesn’t come until the 22nd,  I’ll always consider September a fall month—no matter how many beach days I can still squeeze in. So, with this change of season will also come a change of lent, as I officially close out my summer bucket list challenge.

I can’t say that I checked everything off, but I got pretty close, and even though I won’t be taking a formal tally after this weekend, I still have plans to do a few of the things that are still outstanding. All in all, I have to say that I had a pretty quintessential summer, full of beach days, BBQ’s, fair rides, boat trips, farmers markets, and bon fires (and don’t forget bridal showers, bachelorette parties, weddings and moving), and I really do have my bucket list to thank. Sayonara summer, you certainly were sweet.

Moving on to September’s challenge, where I’ll be participating in The GOOD 30-DayChallenge: Connect With People.

I had an entirely different idea for what to do this month, but when I got my Daily GOOD email yesterday and saw their 30-Day challenge focused on connecting with people, I decided to jump on board. I’d been concocting a similar challenge on my own which was focused on going out of my comfort zone to connect with strangers, but I hadn't gotten around to working out all the details. Looks like the good (ha) folks at GOOD did all the work for me, thanks guys!

I’ll write more later, but I’ll leave you with the video from their website describing the challenge. Wishing a happy and safe Labor Day weekend to all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment