Monday, July 11, 2011

#24: Do Yoga Outside

I do a lot of yoga inside, but up until yesterday, I had never done yoga outside. It’s not that I haven't wanted to, it's just that I live in a city and I’m not really too keen on the idea of the entire neighborhood bearing witness to my sun salutations. Thanks to the beautiful backyard oasis that my parents have been hard at work on (I’ve coined it the “DzenOasis”), I was finally able to take my practice outside yesterday. Feeling the warmth of the sun shining down on me during poses and glancing over to see the gardens in full bloom was amazing, but my favorite part definitely had to be spending my savasana listening to the sound of chirping birds and the breeze running through the leaves. Ahhhh, that's more like it...

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment