Monday, March 21, 2011

Recipe #8: Veggie Pot Pie

Since I hadn’t been down to the Cape to see my family since Christmas, I decided to make the trek (if you can even call it that, it’s only an hour and a half drive) down this past weekend to get in some quality Zeno bonding time. I went down with the intent of cooking dinner for the fam and it’s a good thing that I did, because after a long day of yard work and catching up with each other, I could tell that cooking definitely wasn’t at the top of my parents’ wish list for the evening. Danne’s Kitchen (and the boundless energy of a 27-year-old) to the rescue!

After flipping through a few cookbooks and scouring the internet (and after my dad suggested that we make pizza, surprise!) we decided on this tasty veggie potpie, courtesy of Jess Powers’ blog. It turned out awesome and was surprisingly flavorful for something with no animal products and minimal spices and oil. A+, and something that I will definitely make again. It even got a decent review from my 17-year-old brother (who took these lovely photos btw) who has yet to develop a taste for vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment