Monday, September 17, 2012

"The List"

As expected, I've had plenty of feedback on the list of movies I choose to watch. So much so that I'm beginning to think that movies are as hot button of a topic as politics or religion because people have been pretty intense about their opinions:

"Omg, DO NOT watch that one"
"Wait, why wasn't this movie on the list?"
"You have to watch this one too"
"Who made this list? You aren't going to like any of those"
"Let me make the list for you"


and on, and on…

While I do appreciate all your comments and concerns, let me go over again how this list was made in the first place. My goal was to watch films that I though were sort of essential to have seen, not movies I necessarily thought I'd love. I wanted a mix of cult classics, classics (that's why Citizen Kane is on there), and then just a few others that people are always shocked I haven't seen. And for the record, the following movies aren't on the list because I've already seen them: Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, The Princes Bride, Dazed and Confused, Empire Records, Mall Rats, and Clerks.

So, I'm sticking to my original list, however I have decided to swap out Spaceballs for Caddyshack, because I'm 98% sure I won't like Spaceballs, and about 85% sure I'll like Caddyshack better.

And in other news, I watched The Matrix last night. While it was definitely much more tolerable than Fight Club, and I did enjoy the Jersey Shore-style unnecessary sunglasses wearing, and use of antiquated technology like flip phones and floppy discs, let's be honest—it was kind of ridiculous. Luckily, I was pretty beat last night anyways, so those 2 hours of my life that I lost wouldn't have been spent doing anything better.

2 down, 8 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment