Sunday, November 18, 2012

My "Readers Choice" Pick

You guys are the best...

So, as you remember, in addition to the books I've personally chosen to read this month, I also asked for suggestions from all of you on what to read for book #5. Here are some of the recommendations I received:

Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert (already read it and of course totally loved it)
Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden (already read it)
Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver (I have a memory of starting this one a long time ago and never finishing it).
The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini (already read it)
Wild, by Cheryl Strayed
Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
The Night Circus, by Erin Morgernstern
The Invention of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick
Age of Miracles, by Karen Thompson Walker


After a teeny bit of deliberation, I've decided to read Wild, by Cheryl Strayed. I decided on this one mainly because multiple people recommeded it, but also because it sounds pretty awesome. A close second was The Night Circus, by Erin Morgernstern, but my friend Ashley (the one who suggested it) said that it's great on audio book so I might go that route.

Sooooo, thanks guys! And feel free to give me more book suggestions so I can add them on goodreads (which I literally signed up for 5 minutes ago). Are you on goodreads? Let's be friends, I'm: danned

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! May I suggest a book for your future? I couldn't put this one down a few summer's ago and it still stays with me.. it's an absolute must (especially for a gal who grew up on Cape Cod). Ahab's Wife: Or, The Star-gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund. http://www.amazon.com/Ahabs-Wife-Star-gazer-Novel-P-S/dp/B005EP2310

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Wild. It's already on my to read list on goodreads! Love goodreads, it's a great site! PS - I requested you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete