Sunday, May 15, 2011

5K Fundraising

It’s that time of year again friends—I’m fundraising! This time last year I was trying to raise $2,000 to participate in Project M, which thanks to all of you, I was able to do (seriously, thank you, that was amazing). This year I’m looking for financial support in another one of my endeavors: I’m running the 5K in The Great Hyannis Road Races as part of a charity team to raise money for Cape Cod Child Development. CCCD is a great organization that provides childcare, educational and developmental intervention, and family support services that are affordable and accessible to families all over Cape Cod & the Islands. As with any non-profit, donations are an integral component to their funding, so I’m happy to do what I can to help out.

Not only am I excited to run in support of such a great cause, but I’m extra excited because it’s my first race (yay!), it’s in my hometown (yay again!), and I’ll be running with 2 of my besties, Amy and Jenny (another yay!).

As part of the team, they ask that I raise at least $100 for the cause, so if anyone can spare even a few bucks it would be greatly appreciated. No donation is too small!

Thank you all so much, and hey, if you’re on Cape that weekend, come cheer us on!
Danne










No comments:

Post a Comment