Monday, February 7, 2011

12 Months of Lent Logo

Although my intent this month is to draw purely for fun, the graphic designer in me can’t help but create something practical. That being said, I found myself sketching out a logo for 12 Months of Lent during one of my drawing sessions the other night, whoops! Giving this blog some sort of branded identity has been on my To-Do list forever but I just haven’t made it a priority. What better way to get it done than to incorporate it into a challenge?

I’m posting my very rough, 1st page of sketches which is basically just a bunch of ideas dumped onto the page (hopefully you get the gist of it). I had initially envisioned it as purely type (with super defined serifs), but once I discovered that if you take the “of” out, “12 Months of Lent” has 12 letters, I thought that playing off the idea of 12 elements coming together to make a whole might be worth considering.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions? What about colors? Anyone want to just do it for me? As I've come to find out, it's impossible to design things for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment