Saturday, October 9, 2010

Yoga Today

Yoga and I have had an on-again off-again relationship for about a decade now. From my first Denise Austin yoga VHS in high school, to a more serious and in-depth practice in college, I’ve fallen in and out of it over the years. Now, whenever I do manage to squeeze in a session, I always, without fail, say to myself “Why don’t I do this all the time!?” (to which I can never come up with a reasonable excuse).

Lame excuses aside, it really does seem to come down to time. During the week I often get home too late to make it out to a class and have a hard time getting psyched about doing the same DVD for the 100th time. The perfect solution for me has been this website, Yoga Today. When I first found it a few years ago they had a free class that you could watch every day, which was incredible (and speaking of incredible, they’re based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming so the scenery is unreal). In the past few years though, they’ve made some changes and now only offer one free class a week, and allow you to buy previous classes for $3.99. Nonetheless, it still gets my stamp of approval and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a way to do yoga on the cheap.

And speaking of yoga today, I’m trying to make it out to do some yoga tomorrow so if anyone is interested in coming with, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Yoga Today is great, but lately I have fallen in love with My Yoga Online . Amazing classes by some of the best teachers in the world. The variety really keeps me going. And they have a wellness diary now that lets me track my progress and check in with other yogis. Do check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Going to try this tonight! Thanks Dane!

    ReplyDelete